

| Mwenye wivu ajinyonge | The envious should hang herself/himself | Mmmh! Quite rough words! This is a very harsh and impolite statement from someone who is really fed up with those who envy her/his relationship or success in life. |
| Naona ni shoga yangu, kumbe ni mke mwenzangu | I thought of you as my girlfriend, but alas! You are my cowife | Someone is messing around with someone else's husband! |
| Tamu ya mua kifundo | A sugarcane is sweetest at the joint | What seems to be hard to achieve in real life is often times the best. Fruits of hard labour are enjoyed the most. |
| Kama ni ubaya ulianza wewe | If you think I'm bad then you started it! | I'm just giving you the taste of your own bitter pill! |
| Wajenga kwa wengine kwako kwabomoka | You build somebody else's place while yours is falling | A wake-up call for a person too negligent of his own life. |
| Napenda kukuona mpenzi wangu ni furaha ya moyo wangu | I love to see you my dear, you are the joy of my heart! | Mmmh! It's a kind of words you never get tired of hearing! |
| Msilale wanawake | Women: do not fall asleep | It's a call to women not "to fall asleep" - meaning, not to be completely passive. They should "wake up" and do what is best for them. |





No comments:
Post a Comment