Thursday, March 31, 2011

This is my paper! :0

I don’t have questions in particular to explore, instead I have a statement to be made:



"__________________."



I would also like to write about humor.


I’m looking to explore the things on the lighter side of writing- but that doesn’t mean they can’t be heavy. If it turns out to be a trivial pursuit then that’s just life I guess, and I’ll just hold on to my monopoly on the topic. Humor is often viewed as a detraction factor to the work it is a part of. But that is just wrong- unless that happens to be your opinion, and then you are a lovely person[1]. Without relief a tragedy is just that. I want to explore the way humor can connect with an audience, and how it convey the wonders of being happy, something often overlooked for incredibly dull reasons.


I will probably explore Flarf to some degree; I want to look at the value of some un intentional forms of poetry and humor in our digital age and also the humor in re-purposed “old” forms of poetry like the haiku.


The title, as the first thing on the paper, will of course be written last.


There will be many, many, many footnotes. And wandering narratives of minor tangible importance[2].


“Make 'em laugh, make 'em laugh, don't you know everyone wants to laugh?” - Donald O'Connor, Singing in the Rain


-Chris Cyr



[1] But WRONG. Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong.

[2] Perhaps about llamas.

2 comments:

  1. Firm up your bibliography and examples. Maybe write the footnotes first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oliver Henderson is also writing on humor.

    ReplyDelete