Tuesday, March 8, 2011

white on white

I want to talk about learn about listen about think about opportunities to incorporate paper further into poetry. I want the poetry to be in the paper. As wool yarn writes text into a wool rug, so can paper write into paper: the absence of a color serving as a vehicle for understanding content perhaps. Rather than replacing the intrusion of black ink with a different type of ink, respecting the material on which the poem is written, perhaps this takes place through creating indentations in thick paper to show text (much like the waves on the opposite side of this page). Perhaps it takes place in using invisible ink, where the viewer is first confronted with the blank page and must first interact with that in order to make the text visible. I think the absence of any color (including black) deserves consideration in this conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment